Monday 6 July 2009

20/20 vision

Add Image

They (whoever "they" are) say we look at our past with 20/20 vision. This is true I suppose, as I've just looked back at my previous posts and see my narrow, mean and tight fisted attitude.




I believe I've officially become a grumpy old woman!




My friend who finageled a good bit of fabric out of me...is now a dear friend and I find it hard to deny her anything. Her tenacity in dire times, ill-health and just a Shit Happens attitude has endeared her to me by no small means. I have so much (even though I frequently think I lack) and she has so little. If the widow had clutched her mite...could she have been able to accept anymore? I doubt it. So, I've decided to be more generous, be more forgiving and be far more patient.




I've had big plans for this year, and of course they've almost all failed.


I wanted my grandson to come and visit me go to school here for a year and learn about England.... but my husband retired early and did so without really discussing it with me. He told me he couldn't stand working anymore and wanted early retirement, end of! So of course he did, planning on funds from a legal suit over a past injury to help us over the hump till his state pension kicks in...this has been in the works for over three years, and will I'm sure go on for much longer...what was he thinking? Or he might have thought he would win the lottery?! At any rate, the money is not forthcoming, he's underfoot 24/7 and although I said I would be more generous, forgiving and patient...I'm not sure it's directed at him for now....bear with me as I bear with him! If Joseph had come to visit, he wouldn't have been able to leave work...so excuses about the education systems being so different were used to put off his visit. It broke my heart and put a bit of a wedge between us. And I love that boy more than anything. He's getting too old to want to spend time with this old girl. It was my chance to have him in my life for a very special time.




My quilting has bogged down. I've been stuck making baby quilts and they are not what I want to do. I need to finish them I've got three or four tops made waiting quilting and two more to go. Two have already made their way to the babies and parents. This brings me to why am I working so hard to get them made. I want to make a quilt for my aunt and uncle's 50th anniversary. It's in November (the end thank God) and I need these little quilts finished so I can put my energy into the Anniversary quilt.




These are the two completed baby quilts. The Garden Fairy belongs to Jocelyn Silcock.

The Crazy Patch was made for Caitlyn Palmer. Both patterns of a sort came from Popular Patchwork magazine. So...I'm getting there. I'm trying to be more generous, I'm trying to not murder my husband (joke) and I'm trying to finish these darn quilts!


2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    Oh Bless you, you will get there, you really will, if you are struggling, send one to me and I will do it for you. lol Jan xx
    No way are you a grumpy old woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, Kim! Everything comes to an end, bad and good, but just sometimes it seems that the bad stuff is never ending! The baby quilts are gorgeous and you can always work out any potential problems with the anniversary quilt while working on them. Sending you loads of hugs, Fiona.

    ReplyDelete