Saturday 16 May 2009

Quilting what a change!

I've not been doing a lot of quilting the past couple of months. A stretched femoral nerve has wrecked havoc on my life. The days and night of pain seemed to last for days. In actual fact it took one week to get into a doctor, another week for the medicine to kick in. Then it took three weeks of medicine and healing before I even started thinking about quilting again. The medicine knocked me silly and I wasn't going near a sewing machine if I was that high. I couldn't sit, I couldn't stand...so I reclined on the sofa and watched six weeks of day time TV...someone shoot me please! Now however, I'm back in the saddle so to speak and I'm rip roaring and ready to go.

I've completed two quilts (the quilt tops made previously), tweeked another quilt top, made another quilt top and I'm getting ready to quilt the tweeked one and the recently completed top. then I will make another baby quilt top, quilt two more quilts and keep that as my schedule. Make a top, quilt two, make a top, quilt two. Eventually I will catch up! I've two quilts I want to make for little old me. Just for me and me alone. They started out as swaps from two websites, www.blockcentral.com and www.popularpatchwork.com . I will post pics when they are done. The idea of each fills me with excitement and dread...they are not quickies by any stretch.

Well, I guess since it's after 6:30 I can go upstairs and get to work. Yippie!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Kim,
    Its great to see you with a smile on your face again! Have a great day. Ros x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kim, you sound great, Its, lovely to have you back with us bloggers. Looking forward to seeing those finished quilts. Go Kimmers....., lol Jan xx

    ReplyDelete